I am megan...
Megan is a connector and tech community leader, having co-founded Portland Women in Tech (PDXWIT) and continues to serve as its President. In this role she's created a platform to connect tech women to companies, mentors and practical skills. PDXWIT is nearly 4000 strong and includes the support of 50+ tech companies. Above all, Megan has a commitment to building community to solve issues.
In her day job, after years of serving in technical roles, Megan found herself looking for more. Following soul searching and leaning on her mentors, she was reminded of her earliest career experiences working directly with customers and how fulfilling they were. This memory set her on a path of customer-facing leadership roles, where Megan has accumulated nearly a decade of experience working with global organizations to build, scale and transform customer-facing and IT Helpdesk teams. Her holistic approach unites cross-functional inputs, incorporates authenticity, engagement and empowerment to the forefront of every customer interaction.
What I've Done
- Created a community for women and other underrepresented groups
- Interviewed with the media on the tech culture in Portland
- Recurring guest on live TV featuring technologies that improve lives.
- Spoke at tech conferences, meetups and company meetings
- Engaged with customers beyond traditional support boundaries
- Improved and maintained a high-degree of ticket and call quality
- Managed resources in both internal IT, call center and technical customer support environments
- Developed ongoing internal training programs to improve engagement, skill development and leadership
- Established support roles as a fulfilling and challenging career path
- Scaled both customer-facing and internally-facing support teams to 24x7 and 24x5 models leveraging both follow-the-sun and locally-sourced staff
- Defined SLAs to increase customer satisfaction and ensure contractural obligations are met
- Built strong relationships and processes (when necessary) to ensure Support is in lockstep with Product, Engineering and other parts of the organization